Advocare

Advocare

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wellness Wednesday Inspiration!

I'd like to share some photo's and an article with you.  When I put a post on Facebook about me running, I get a lot of likes and sometimes comments such as good for you I could never run.  Well I think to myself why not so I ask them?  Sometimes I get well let me loose 10 pounds first or I'm going to walk for a couple weeks first then maybe I'll go running with you.

The thing is, I have walkers pass me when I run, ok..... WALKERS ........DID YOU HEAR THAT W.A.L.K.E.R.S.?  My run isn't going to be the same as the next person and when I ask people to run with me it's not to keep at my pace.  It's to have that support, motivation, inspiration, and maybe a little competition to push me further. My pace is like a 16 minute mile LOL!

I really hope that this article speaks to someone's heart.  You want to start walking that's great!  Your way ahead of that person just sitting on the sidelines watching and not doing!  I can't wait to be able to get back out there and run! It's so hard to explain but running does something to you, it gets into your psyche, cleanses you of your daily stress, renews you. 

Okay I guess I can explain it, so I want to know who's going to take that first step?   My first suggestion is, get a pair of quality running sneakers.  I wear Brooks they are excellent sneakers for walking/running.  See if there's a store in your area that is geared towards runners and have them fit you for the proper size.  If your near Buffalo Fleet Feet is a good option.  I know this sounds silly but some people have been wearing the wrong size, style for years but you won't realize it until you start running and your toes start going numb!

Wear comfortable work out pants, NOT SHORTS especially if your big like me you'll be thankful and a dry fit top.  Dress in layers if it's cool out make sure you can take off a layer if you start getting too hot.  In cold weather you may want a hat or something to cover your ears and gloves. 

Get yourself a water bottle you can wear on your hand or clip around your waist, or get yourself some rehydrate gels to have if needed to give you a boost while running.   Get that playlist compiled, download a running app for beginners.  Like Couch to 5k it coaches right along while playing your music and slowly builds you doing intervals of walking and running until you can continuously run for entire 3.5 miles. 

Please remember I'm no expert and I didn't have anyone to give me all this advice so please take it for just that advice.  You will find what works for you and what doesn't. Well with that said enjoy this article I do hope it inspires you!

  Inspiration for your Wednesday READ THIS!

  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment