Advocare

Advocare

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Getting Back on Track

There's a reason why the name of my blog is "Diary of a Wimpy Dieter.  As like many of you the warm summer evenings lead your temptations to stopping for an ice cream cone or a delicious ice coffee.  Maybe you throw back one too many cold ones or sipped a few too many glasses of wine.  All that adds up to wasted calories, extra pounds, and clothes that are fitting a little too snug!

So it's time to get back on track!  I've resumed my daily morning routine which consists of my mommy juice (SPARK) mixed with a Slim (appetite control/energy), this combination gives me my energy and helps to curb my appetite.  I take my OmegaPlex (Fish Oil), Probiotic Ultra Restore, CorePlex w/Iron (Mutli-Vitamin), L-Lysine (to prevent my nasty cold sores).  I mix my drink up first thing so I can start sipping on it right away and taking my supplements.  Did you know that drinking a glass of water first thing when you wake up rev's up your metabolism?

At some point I will work on getting back outside to walk/run but for now my feet issues (plantar fasciitis) I am watching work out videos at home.  I usually do like a 20 minute work out then get ready for the day.


My morning snack is usually a piece of fruit, most likely an apple or banana.  Sometimes I have granola or Greek Yogurt depending on if I'm still hungry.  It's always good to have extra on hand so if you are still hungry you have something good to eat eliminating the urge to run to the vending machine.



Lunch is always a challenge.  I am bad about preparing my lunch so I usually end up running out to get a bite.  This is another goal I've set to get better prepared for the day before I leave for work.  The picture below is of Salmon Caesar Salad.  This is super delicious and the dressing is homemade.  It's the perfect amount of dressing and is light.  You can make this for dinner and take the left overs for lunch the next day.


My dinner is usually chicken grilled or baked with a steamed veggie and potato or rice.  I love making oven roasted potatoes (white or sweet) usually both since my kids aren't the biggest sweet potato fans.  I use my own spices and avoid using pre-mixed whenever possible.  Here's some pics of my dinner creations!
 
 






The key is portion control, eating low fat, low calorie foods.  Drink lots of water, should be half your body weight ='s how many ounces a day. So a person who weigh's 150 should drink 75 ounces or more a day of water.  

Keep up to date with my blog by subscribing.  Enter your email address to the right to subscribe, It's the "Follow me by email" box!


To find the recipes from this post check out my menu section!  If you don't see the recipe your looking for I probably haven't had time to upload it yet.  Just email me I'd be more than happy to email it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment